In This Edition f the Camp Combe Week 3 Newsletter:
Words From The Director – Shannon Sullivan
Week 3, we got to see the magic of camp! Both with the magic of Disney but also with so many new campers starting this week. We also saw so many new friendships being built and campers stepping out of their comfort zones to try new things. This is what camp is all about! We are busy planning our friends and family night next week and can’t wait to share our camp with you!
Next Week’s Theme: Safari Adventure
Next Week’s Dress-Up Days:
- Monday, July 18th, is Blue day! Wear or bring something blue to represent our core value of Honesty.
- Thursday, July 21st, Lions & Tigers & Bears OH MY! Campers can come dressed as an animal, an adventurer or whatever makes them happy. Costumes are optional.
Friends & Family Night Is Next Wednesday:
Bring a friend to the Putnam Valley YMCA Camp Combe Summer Camp Wednesday, July 20th, between 6 & 8 PM, and enjoy good food, yard games, and conversations.
Camp Combe Ice Cream Tuesdays:
Every Tuesday, Camp Combe Campers will be able to purchase ice cream. If your camper would like to purchase ice cream, please send them in with $4.00 Tuesday morning.
Dine to Donate:
Dog Haus Biergarten in Mohegan Lake will donate 10% of the proceeds of sales every Wednesday, between 6/29 – 8/24, to the Camp Combe Scholarship Fund. Please present the flyer attached to this email at the time of purchase.
The White Plains Hospital Screenings Under the Stars Kicks off tonight at Kensico Dam. Movies are Free! Bring your own seating
- The Health Office: All campers need to come to camp wearing FULLY CLOSED shoes and socks. Also, remember to bring healthy lunches and a water bottle.
- The Main Office: Please make sure to check the lost & found album on our photos page if your camper has lost an item. If you see your camper’s lost item, please contact the office.
- The Pool: Please wear your swim band and bathing suit every day even if it is raining. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen before coming to camp. Water shoes are encouraged.
Some of this week’s photos – the full photo gallery can be found here.