PEQUENAKONCK ELEMENTARY & NORTH SALEM MIDDLE SCHOOL
YMCA Before and After School Care Programs in the North Salem School District run directly on-site at the Pequenakonck Elementary School. Students within the PQ School reported directly to the program, while North Salem Middle School students are bused by the district to Pequenakonck Elementary School.
Pequenakonck Elementary School
Before School: 7:00 – 8:30 am
After School: 3:00 – 6:30 pm
North Salem Middle School
After School: 2:45 – 6:30 pm
*On-site at PQ Elementary
North Salem School Age Pricing
Pequenakonck Elementary School
|Registration Fee (Per Child)||$50|
|Before School||Time||Monthly Rate|
|5 Days Per Week||7:00-8:30am||$220|
|After School||Time||Monthly Rate||Time||Monthly Rate||Time||Monthly Rate|
|5 Days Per Week||6:30pm pickup||$515||5:30pm pickup||$415||4:30pm pickup||$315|
|4 Days Per Week||6:30pm pickup||$460||5:30pm pickup||$360||4:30pm pickup||$260|
|3 Days Per Week||6:30pm pickup||$405||5:30pm pickup||$305||4:30pm pickup||$205|
|2 Days Per Week||6:30pm pickup||$330||5:30pm pickup||$230||4:30pm pickup||$130|
For middle school rates please contact Virginia Ferrara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your profile is created you will be able to enroll in programs.
We offer school age programs in many different school districts so when registering you will first choose the season(district) and then the specific school for the 22-23 school year.
If your child is currently enrolled in one of our programs, the child still needs to be re-enrolled for the upcoming school year. Childcare contracts do not carry over into the next school year. Please log into your Eleyo account and enroll in the 22-23 school year.
- Registration closes for a September start when we have reached our licensing capacity or July 31, 2022, whichever comes first.
- During the 21-22 school year, many sites had waitlists for the entire school year so please don’t delay in reserving your child’s care!
- We reserve the right to cancel programs with low enrollment so please don’t delay in reserving your child’s care.
Available for qualifying families. Please contact Virginia Ferrara for an application at email@example.com
- A Consistent schedule is where your child comes the same days each week.
- When registering, you will be prompted to choose your pickup time and days attending.
- After school has a 2 day a week minimum contract.
- Before school is a 5 day a week contract.
- Virginia will discuss special circumstances for custom schedules with families upon request. There is no guarantee that we will be able to accommodate requests due to the high demand for childcare.
- Siblings receive a 5% discount for the consistent schedule contract type.
- The contract is ongoing for the current school year unless you cancel.
- You will be allowed to request your child to attend on a day not normally scheduled called a drop-in day. You will simply go into your account and request a drop-in day for approval. Please be mindful that if the request is within 48 hours of the day, you may have to e-mail me directly for approval. Approval is based upon available space for that day.
- Rates are based on the number of days the children attend school, then divided by the 10 months of the school year. The rates are the same each month. It does not cost more for more days or less for less days.
Approval of Contract:
- After completing the setup of your contract, it will be submitted for approval.
- At that time, it will be reviewed, and you will be contacted if additional documentation needs to be collected based on the answers given during registration.
- A $50.00 registration fee will be processed at the time of approval.
- If your child requires any additional documentation based on the answers given to the contract questions, you will need to submit those documents and/or medication prior to approval.
- Monthly tuition payments will be automatically processed on the 20th prior to the month of service. You will receive an e-mail invoice prior to being charged.
- August 20th, 2022, will begin the automatic payments.
- You may use a credit/debit card or bank account for your automatic withdrawal.
- All payment and tax information can be found in your Eleyo account.
- You will need to enter 4 emergency contacts when creating your profile.
- Emergency contacts include parents/guardians and people authorized to pick up your child who live reasonably close by.
- You may enter more than 4 if you have more people authorized to pick up.
- You can manage your authorized pickups in your Eleyo account anytime.
- Schedule changes for the next month need to be requested and approved through Eleyo.
- We request 2 weeks’ notice to make changes to your contract.
- If you make a change to decrease days for a month, you may not be able to get those days back later if the program has a waitlist.
- If you make a change to increase days, the change will be approved only if there is space available.
- If you register and delay your child’s start date, you will move to the back of the waitlist.
- The Y holds program on all scheduled half days.
- If the half day falls on a day your child normally attends, it is assumed they are coming to program.
- There is no extra fee if the half day is one of your normally scheduled days.
- If the half day falls on a day your child is not normally scheduled for, you may request a drop-in day at an additional fee, but it is subject to approval based on space so there is no guarantee.
- Your child will need to bring a bag lunch on half days.
- The Y is closed on days the school is closed.
- The Y offers vacation camp during some of the long breaks for an additional fee.
- There are 2 vacation camp locations: Camp Combe in Putnam Valley and White Plains Learning Center.
- More information will be available during the school year.
- The Y is closed on days school closes due to weather.
- The Before School Y is closed on days there is a delayed opening due to weather or other emergency.
- The After School Y is closed when school closes early. If school dismisses at normal time but cancels “after school” activities, The Y will e-mail parents letting you know if the Y will be open and if open, for how long.
Students are dismissed to the Y from their classrooms, where they are checked in and greeted by our staff. We will provide snack time, followed by a quick meeting where they are given the activities and announcements for the day.
Once snack and meeting time is finished, the children will be able to participate in homework time or can begin activities, depending on their needs. Our activities are center based (we set up various stations that the children can move through based on their interests). Centers include arts & crafts, STEM, writing and drawing, building, and more. We also have time set aside each day for physical activity, including group games. Weather permitting, we try to get outside daily.