Join us in recognizing and appreciating New York’s afterschool professionals
The Network for Youth Success is celebrating Afterschool Professionals Appreciation Week on April 25-29 to recognize, appreciate, and advocate for those who work with young people during afterschool hours.
We are joining the effort because research shows that afterschool professionals make a profound difference in the lives of young people. We encourage you to join us in thanking the afterschool professionals in your life.
Here are some ideas on how to show your appreciation:
- Declare appreciation on social media: “Research shows that Afterschool professionals make a profound difference in the lives of young people. #heartofafterschool”
- Give a hand-written card from you and/or your child to the afterschool professional in your life.
- Send an email to an afterschool professional’s supervisor describing why that person is appreciated.
- Make healthy or non-food treats for the staff at your afterschool program.
- Spotlight an individual or program on the YMCA of CNWs FacebookFacebook page.