The YMCA Early Learning Center is dedicated to constantly evaluating our practices to evolve with the most up-to-date information regarding COVID19. Our aim is to keep our families and staff as safe and healthy as possible while continuing to provide services to our families in need. Please read thoroughly as we are asking for our entire YMCA Early Learning Center community to assist us in maintaining the overall health of everyone.
• We will be open to families from Monday through Friday. We will dedicate the end of each day to a thorough sanitizing and disinfecting of toys, classrooms, and common areas.
• Child(ren) temperature(s) will be taken at drop-off, as well as periodically during the day. If your child has a reading of 100.0 or higher, your child will not be permitted to attend the YMCA Early Learning Center until he/she is symptom-free without medication for 72 hours. This adheres to siblings and all family members – if a family member is exhibiting symptoms and/or fever, then all family members must stay home.
• If a child has potentially been exposed to Covid-19 we require a negative test before that child can return to the program.
• Staff temperatures will be taken daily: symptomatic staff members will not return until he/she is symptom-free without medication for 72 hours.
• Staff and children to wash hands or use hand sanitizer upon entry.
Within the Classroom & Center
• Cancellation of Tours & Enrichment activities to reduce visitors within each center at this time.
• Parents/Guardians are not permitted in the building or on the playground at this time.
• Outdoor exploration at the on-site playground.
• Consistent Communication: Signs posted and email updates
• Only teachers to serve family-style meals (AM/PM Snack)
• Increased handwashing in the classroom
• Staff sign children in/out
• Deep cleaning in the kitchen
• Regular disinfecting of playground toys