strengthen the foundations of your community
Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods nationwide we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive, personal and social change.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Y Volunteers Make a Difference By:
- • Leading our Boards of Directors and committees
- • Raising funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- • Coaching our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- • Helping with single-day special events
- • Motivating and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships
that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher
education and goals
- • Extending a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- • Advocating for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal
issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- • Participating in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
Giving your valuable time to the Y is guaranteed to enrich your own life as well as the lives of others.
For more information about volunteering for the Y, email Cynthia Rubino, CEO, YMCA of Cental and Northern Westchester, at email@example.com.